3 reasons LED lights will save you a ton of money

LED Lights Simply Last Longer

Research and experience show that LED lights last two times longer than fluorescent bulbs and twenty times longer than incandescent light bulbs. A quality LED can last up to 50,000 hours. (That’s nearly 17 years if the lights are on for 8 hours per day every day of the year.) Generic and traditional lights require maintenance and replacements every couple of years at best, while LED lights literally give you more bang for your buck.

LED Lights Decrease Your Electric Bill

Your facility’s electric bill is highly affected by the types of lighting throughout the property. LED lights are designed to use 50-60% less energy than the traditional bulb. LED lights accomplish this in a few different ways:

  • 80% of the electrical power it takes to light an LED bulb is used to create light. The remaining 20% is unused and converted into heat energy. Traditional bulbs utilize only 20% of the needed electrical power to create light, and waste the rest as heat energy. Light is always preferred over heat.
  • LED lights are designed for direction. Most traditional lights shine in all directions, requiring traps or reflectors to guide the light to its intended location. LED lights omit the need for additional hardware and make more efficient use of the light beam.
  • Fluorescent lights are dramatically affected by turning the lights on and off due to the amount of energy it takes to power them, but leaving them on wouldn’t save energy either. LED lights are not affected by on/off cycling.

The efficiency and savings from LED lights are applicable in nearly every lighting instance and can be customized depending on the project, meaning LED fixtures and bulbs can be installed throughout the property for optimal savings.

LED Lights at Zero-Cost

The fight to update technology and equipment can be a tough battle to win. That’s why EcoLite offers a zero-cost option as your secret weapon.

EcoLite can help project what your savings would be over the next 5 years, based on past electric bills and which lights you are updating to LED. Then the percentage of projected savings each month, called the Shared Savings Percentage, would become a fixed monthly payment to EcoLite. No up-front costs, no debt, no capital expenditure, and guaranteed savings from day one.

For more information about EcoLite’s zero-cost program, visit this page on our website or give us a call at 844-LED-SWAP. Our LED Experts are ready to help you start saving.

Share this Case Study:

Related Case Study: